Hawaii Cruise 2019 travel blog

Entrance to Hilton Hawaiian Village

View from our Balcony

Sunset from our Balcony

Today is our day of relaxation to adjust to Hawaii time. We had no plans, except to take it easy.

The day, for me, started ridiculously early (not adjusted yet). Cheryl stayed in bed much later. We got going and went to breakfast. We went to a buffet breakfast here at the Village Resort. The food was very good, but as with many things here very pricey. Fortunately we had a food credit from Hilton. Breakfast complete, we went back to our room, changed into bathing suits, and wandered around, checking out the 5 pools and walking along the beach area. The ocean water was really warm. A lagoon made it calm and not very deep for a ways out from shore. We stayed there for a while, but then decided to move to a pool with some shade. The palm trees on the beach are nice, but don't provide much shade. We moved to a pool area (the one pool reserved for adults only) and managed to find some shade, and alternated between cooling off in the pool and sitting in the shade. Really nice.

After a while, we left the pool, dressed and did some shopping around the village. Lots of nice shops. Cheryl found a dress at a dress shop featuring dresses designed by a Japanese designer and sold in Japan and Hawaii only. We saw a cookie shop offering samples of cookies with flavors such as pineapple macadamia nut. Not bad.

We headed to our room and did some reading. At around 6:00 we headed for dinner. We found a pizza shop. Cheryl ordered a mushroom pizza, and I tried the Maui Zaui. It was made up of thin crust with a sweet zesty sauce and topped with ham, pineapple, red and green onions. Very good, although I would not consider that a pizza, maybe a pineapple flat bread. Dinner finished, we headed back to the beach. Every Friday they have a fireworks show on the beach. We were not sure exactly where the show took place, but when we got there I suggested it might be where all of the people were crowding the beach. We found a spot to sit, and waited for the show. The show was only about 15 minutes long, but was quite intense for that time. There was never a pause, and usually multiple fireworks at a time. Lots of nice ground effects. Glad we were right at the launch point. After the fire works we headed back to the room to relax before turning in for the night.

Tomorrow: We set sail.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |