|We arrive back in Gatwick approx. half hour late. As per usual neither of us have had much sleep at all so are absolutely shattered. As we make way to passport control I receive a call from our driver to confirm he is there waiting. After collecting our bags we meet Andy and climb into the car.
Anyway it transpires he was a school mate & ex work colleague of Tim, his name is Andy Boulton. We chat all the way home and do not get a wink of sleep at any point! A really good trip traffic wise and are back at about 11.30. Once we have had a cuppa we both go for a nap.
Thoughts about our trip:
1) A fantastic country with stunning, breathtaking scenery
2) Extremely frustrating that whatever you purchased anything, the price you saw was NEVER what you had to pay - in some case 3 different taxes could be added.
3) The Rocky Mountaineer & Seaplane were awesome experiences.
4) You can survive nearly 2 weeks on a bus load of Australians!
5) Banff, Sun Peaks, Whistler & Victoria were great locations to stay.
6) I would never miss it if I didn’t have to use a VIP convenience ever again!
7) The wonderment of seeing the animals & birds of Canada in their natural environment.
Probably too tired or too soon to think of anything else at the moment - if I do I will update you all.
Thank you all for sticking with my observations & thoughts on a truly wonderful holiday of a lifetime.