On the Road with Tom and Gloria travel blog


My plans for a day at the Steamtown National Historic Site got cancelled. It was raining when I left Du Bois this morning but it stopped an hour into my drive to Scranton. However, as I approached the turnoff to my destination the rain started again - heavier than before. Thoroughly disgusted at this point I decided to drive until I got tired and to get myself closer to tomorrow's destination - New London, CT. Got as far as Newburgh, NY.

Spoke to Spencer today. The Detroit area is a mess - freeways flooded and full of mud, cars buried in water, lots of flooded basements. Guess I got out of town just in time.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |