Winter 2009-2010 travel blog

It has been a busy week. Right after Rod left on Sunday, we started moving into the little RV. I had previously moved in some clothes by folding and putting away laundry each time the week before. But now came the serious stuff. First trip was all the stuff from the bathroom: shampoo, shower gel, stuff from the medicine cabinet, etc. etc.

Monday I moved food: Canned goods, staples like flour, salt and sugar, breakfast food, coffee – well, you get the picture. I used one of my baskets so I couldn’t load up too much – which was fine for my back. Sometimes I put things in the cupboard only to move it all to a different shelf when I brought the next load. By nightfall I was pooped. Up and down two sets of 5th wheel steps plus up and down on the kitchen stool was tiring. But, by Monday night we were about 99% moved.

We also said good-bye to our next-door neighbors on Monday. They finished painting their house in Surprise and are now headed to Idaho to sell that house. They don’t know where they will land for sure but will probably call the house in Surprise home and make do with extended stay motels for other locations.

Tuesday morning I moved the computer stuff including printer and supplies. I also cleaned up the little rig as I had trashed it with cutting up boxes to make drawer dividers. We then went to lunch with Terry and Caroline for one last time. They will be heading north sometime this week. We won’t see them at the Escapade this fall so will see them again next winter.

It was a short day at the library as most of the snowbirds have flown and there weren’t many books to shelve. I checked out 2 books just because I couldn’t shelve anymore in that space. But they are good mysteries so I’m happy to read them.

Tuesday afternoon was spent packing to go to CA to see Ron’s mom. We have finally learned to pack warm and cold clothes as they are up high and it gets chilly in the evenings and mornings. We went to bed fairly early so we could get going on the next morning.

Wednesday morning was sort of a whirlwind. Garbage (ours and the neighbors) to the transfer station, last minute clean up of the 5th wheels, more last minute packing, changes in what we wanted to take with us, etc. etc. But we were on the road by 8:30. Not bad for a couple of “we like to sleep in” people.

We headed west on I-10 and turned south at Blythe, CA, on CA 78 to Brawly. From there we took 111 south to I-8. It isn’t the fastest road, but we hadn’t been this way for a while and wanted to see something different. It is a lot better than taking 78 thru Borrego with the hills thru San Felipe Canyon. We got here about 1:30 so we made pretty good time.

That is about all for today. Ron’s sister is going to be gone today, so we will baby-sit his mother.

We will see you on Sunday morning. Hope you have a great weekend.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |