Jul 19, 2006
|Home, sweet home!!
A little summary of my trip:
• No. of days away = 314
• No. countries visited = 17
• No. flights taken = 18
• No. books read = 26
• No. photos taken = 5000+
• Total cost = £12,400
• Favourite place = Argentina
• Best walk = Cerro Torre, Patagonia
• Most fun activity = sliding down volcano and surfing
• Highest climb = Dead Woman's Pass, Machu Picchu at 4200m (but drove at 5200m)
• Most boring city = Vientiane, Laos
• Biggest spend = Hoi An, on tailored clothes (US$500!!)
• Biggest whoops = drowning my camera
• Most impressive building = Anchor Wat
• Most impressive structure = Sydney Harbour Bridge
• Cheapest room = US£3 in Vang Vieng, a double bed with en-suite!
• Coldest place = Torres del Paine / glacier camping
• Hottest place = Iguaçu Falls, 41 degrees, but maybe hotter in India but used to it by then
• Wettest place = Mumbai, India and Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Least anticipated activity = going to a football match
• Cheapest beer = Beer Hoi at Hoi An, at 12p a glass
• Worst room = Pak Beng, Laos, shared with lots of creatures....
• Best rooms = when with parents!
• Best meal = birthday picnic by mountain lake
• Biggest night out = 72nd floor, Singapore with Kate Roberts and Nimmo
• Times ill = 3