|Our time here in Casa Grande is flying by way too fast! I can't believe it's been a week tomorrow. Gary & Lynne have been wonderful tour guides and hosts. Friday Lynne prepared a Mexican feast that was terrific! It started with homemade chips and dips, followed by chicken tortilla soup and a taco salad. Okay, I was already full! She then served enchiladas, rice and beans. With a choice of margaritas or a cold beer. Oh my, I haven't eaten this much in one sitting in a while! It was all delicious and we so appreciated all of her time and effort. Her sister Michelle and hubby Mark joined us for the evening also and it was nice to visit with them again. After dinner we played the board game 'Pokeno' for a couple of hours. Thanks for a great time guys!
Saturday we made a trip into Phoenix and attended a presentation. I'll tell you more about that at a later time. Afterward we had lunch at a Mongolian Grill. A first for Larry but Gary & Lynne visit this grill regularly. Very good. And finally, yesterday Gary took us to Mesa, Az to visit the Mesa Market, a huge outdoor venue of every kind of item imaginable. Wow, acres of stuff! We purchased a few items and thoroughly enjoyed our time there.
Lynne is one of those crafty people that I've always admired. I'm just not good at that kind of stuff. She makes the most adorable doll clothes, mostly for her grandchildren, and also makes beautiful throws and patch quilts. I took a few pics of the throws so you can check out a couple of her patterns. Her family will be receiving these for Christmas this year I believe. Today we are going to an afternoon matinee to see 'The Bounty Hunter' so guess I better wrap this up and get ready!
But I'll leave you with this quiz for people who know everything!
I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions.
They are straight questions with straight answers. Enjoy....
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar.
Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'
Check back tomorrow for the answers!