|Unfortunately our fishing/picnic didn't work out as well as expected. It was in the 30's when the guys arrived at the lake and there was more wind then they really like. Although in their pics the lake looks pretty calm. They decided to go ahead and launch at the beach area we were at last week as they wanted to make it easy for Lou & I to find them.
We arrived a couple of hours later and it was downright cold! Brrr... plus I think the stiff wind was coming from the North! I was so disappointed, especially for them. It was so beautiful our last visit here and they were both looking forward to today. We found a hooded jacket and a blanket in the truck for Lou to bundle up in while we waited for the guys to get back to shore. The lake was white capped as the morning wore on and we were getting a bit worried about them. Fortunately, we had our walkie-talkies and were able to communicate after searching through a few channels. They were fine and headed back to shore shortly. Dick had just had a hit, the first one of the day. So they wanted to fish a bit longer. He missed that one and never got another bite. Larry hooked a wee little thing and released it of course. So neither the weather or the fish co-operated today!
They arrived back at the beach about noon, tired and hungry. We considered bringing our picnic lunch back home, but the wind seemed to be dying down a bit, so we decided to tough it out. (The one good thing was that we were the only visitors on the beach today!) Good decision, we enjoyed ourselves and the meal. Our boat battery seems to be dying a slow death so we'll need to replace it soon. We're hoping it will last just a couple of more weeks until the end of the season. We sure haven't had much summer this year. Not in Ely, Nv or here in the Hills. More rain than any other year for sure. And we are back in the low 40's at night again.
So, we're hoping for lots of sunshine for our last two weeks here. We'd really like to boat and fish a bit more. And we want to see the laser show at Crazy Horse one evening. It has to be nice and clear for that. No thunderstorms! We are going to an afternoon blast (dynamite) on Wednesday and looking forward to that. That is if it doesn't shower. There is a 40% chance according to the weather report.
The campground has really emptied out now. There is no one on either side of us for several spots. We love that! We're going downtown for our FREE Tuesday concert in a couple of hours.There are two good entertainers on the program this evening! I am currently making chicken and noodles for dinner. One of Larry's favorites. Best go give them a stir so they don't stick! So that's it for now. Thanks for checking in!